Acrylic is a synthetic material made of polymer resins with a certain percentage of various additives that give the material certain properties. Acrylic is an eco-friendly, lightweight, plastic and very durable material that allows you to achieve a huge number of different shapes and sizes.
Advantages of acrylic bath:
- Light weight (only 20-45 kg depending on the size), which significantly facilitates transportation.
- A dull sound when filling, because acrylic is a sound-absorbing material.
- Bacteria do not multiply well on acrylic, which is important for a product that is constantly in contact with water.
- The surface of the acrylic bath is warm to the touch, the reason for this is simple – the material has a low thermal conductivity.
- Acrylic has good thermal insulation properties, the water in such a bath cools much slower than in a cast-iron or, especially, in a steel bath.
- Due to its plasticity, acrylic is sufficiently resistant to damage: you can not worry that an object that falls into the bath will damage the enamel.
- Scratches and stains that inevitably appear over time on the surface can be easily removed.
- Acrylic baths are well-washed, in most cases, they are enough to rinse with warm water from the shower and wipe dry. With more serious contamination, special detergents for acrylic will help to cope – they need to be used in order not to damage the inner coating of the bath.
- Variety of designs-due to the plasticity and viscosity of the material, acrylic baths are produced in a variety of forms.
- The glossy surface of acrylic always retains its original luster and color (white baths do not turn yellow), because the color pigments are distributed evenly throughout the thickness.
- Smooth, but not sliding surface.
- Guaranteed service life with color and gloss retention up to 25 years.
Unfortunately, acrylic also has negative properties:
- In such a bath, you can not soak the Laundry, you will have to rely on the washing machine.
- Its surface is easy to scratch, and a fallen lit cigarette can melt the surface.
- In the process of operation, the body of the bath may crack, this is rare, but it happens, from the pressure when water overflows.
- It is strictly forbidden to pour boiling water into the acrylic bath, the temperature of the water to be filled should not exceed 70⁰C.
- Any acrylic bath after manufacturing for 2-3 months has a natural smell of acrylic, as well as any other freshly prepared plastic product.
6 thoughts on “Acrylic bath”
There’s certainly a lot to find out about this issue. I love all of the points you made.
Thank you so much
Thank you for your blog article.Much thanks again. Awesome.
Great post.Much thanks again. Will read on…