Cast iron is an alloy of iron with carbon (from 2.14 to 6.67%), which also contains permanent impurities (silicon, manganese, phosphorus and sulfur), and sometimes alloying elements. Cast-iron bathtub is characterized by strength, durability and classic design. Cast-iron bath is quite heavy, but it retains heat perfectly, is resistant to mechanical damage and is durable.
Advantages of cast iron bath:
- Cast iron has excellent thermal conductivity, strength, and stiffness, so cast iron baths are strong, durable, and resistant to temperature fluctuations.
- It retains heat for a long time, as a result, the water cools down more slowly.
- The walls usually have a large cross-section: about 6 or 8 mm. Having an impressive weight, the cast-iron bath is securely held by supports, it does not require auxiliary fasteners during installation. It stands firm, without changing its position, without sagging during operation.
- An anti-corrosion coating is applied to the inner side of the cast-iron bath, which allows it to retain its original appearance for a long time.
- Enamel has a Shine, it does not leave scratches when using cleaning products.
- Ease of cleaning from contamination-these baths are neutral to the action of various chemicals on them, they are well cleaned with plumbing care products.
- Cast iron baths do not have pores on their surface, they do not collect dirt.
- The cast iron bath does not delaminate and does not crack over time.
- Cast-iron baths are valued for their long, almost limitless service life, which is much higher than the service life of baths made of other materials.
- The lowest level of noise during water intake.
Disadvantages of cast iron bath:
- The bulkiness and massiveness of the cast-iron bath-it weighs about 120 kg, which leads to some problems during delivery and installation.
- Because of the non-plastic properties of the cast iron material, only rectangular and oval baths are made.
- It is very difficult to restore the damaged enamel surface of a cast-iron bath if you accidentally drop a heavy thing.