For every person, health is the most important value in life. And if we want to be prosperous in the physical, mental and social aspects, then undoubtedly this gift of nature should be supported in every possible way. One of the effective ways that affect the state of the immune system is a hygienic water treatment.
Contrast shower is your health Here is just a short list of improvements that will occur in your body with regular use of contrast.
All metabolic processes are activated.
- Improves, due to an increase in the speed of blood circulation, metabolism in the bod
- The whole body is intensively cleansed.
- The heart and blood vessels are strengthened.
What is the process?
At first glance, contrast shower is an ordinary hygienic procedure, which implies that you have to alternate betwixt thermal and cool water.
However, experts say that temperature changes have a cold training and rejuvenating effect on the human corpus, helping to strengthen its defenses. Among the miraculous properties that are attributed to the hydroprocedure, the following can be distinguished:
- strengthening immunity, which protects the body from various infections (viruses, bacteria, fungi) and diseases;
- improvement of blood circulation and acceleration of metabolic processes, which has a positive effect on the work of the cardiovascular system and internal organs due to the saturation of tissues with oxygen and useful substances;
- preservation of the prettiness, resiliency and firmness of the skin, due to the rapid renewal of epidermal cells and the intensive production of collagen and elastin;
- refined thermoregulation – the body’s adaptation to sudden temperature changes contributes to easier tolerance of seasonal weather fluctuations;
- increased stress resistance and improved mood.
However, in order to get the maximum benefit from the hardening water procedure, it is necessary to carry it out correctly.
Are there any negative side effect of using of a tempering water treatment
By itself, the cold training process does not carry any harm. And yet it is not shown to everyone. So, the procedure is contraindicated for people with the following diseases:
- pathologies of the cardiovascular system – ischemic heart disease, circulatory failure, angina pectoris, atherosclerosis (disruption of blood vessels in the brain);
- recurrent thrombophlebitis;
- urolithiasis and gallstone diseases;
- functional disorders of the nervous system;
- SARS, influenza, COVID-19;
- skin pathologies.
It is also worth refraining from using contrast shower procedures for pregnant women and girls during breastfeeding, people in a state of alcohol and drug intoxication.
How to take a contrast water procedure, so as not to harm
When starting hardening, you should follow a number of simple rules:
- It is best to start strengthening immunity with a contrast shower in the warm season and being healthy.
- You need to take the procedures regularly, otherwise they will not bring the desired effect.
- Those who first decided to take up this method of healing should start with a small difference in water temperatures and a short duration of each mode, for example, no more than 20 seconds with a warm and cold shower, gradually increasing both with each subsequent procedure. Ideally, the water should be hot (not boiling) and cold (not cool).
- It is correct to start a shower from the legs, moving the jet from bottom to top throughout the body. Although experts recommend that beginners do the procedure only on their feet at first, and eventually switch to the whole body, except for the head.
- You need to start dousing with warm water (up to 1-1.5 minutes), then apply a cool jet (up to 1 1.5 minutes). Next, bring the temperature of the water to hot and very cold. Finish with a cold shower. Up to 5 contrast alternations of the water flow are recommended for one proce dure.
- The ideal time to take the procedure is in the morning, an hour or 40 minutes before going outside. You can also take a shower in the evening, but one and a half to two hours before bedtime.
If you are not afraid of the cold, then I recommend reading Cold water training.
If after hardening a person feels vivacity, a surge of strength and high spirits, then everything is done correctly. Freezing of hands, feet and chills throughout the body can only indicate non-compliance with the rules for taking a water procedure.
Although a contrast shower is not an absolute panacea for health, in any case, it is a big plus for strengthening the immunity and improving the psycho-emotional state of a person.
WHY NOT MAKE DO WITH WARM?
Miraculous effects area attributed to the contrasting shower. You can find information that a short temperature drop strengthens the immune system, relieves pain, improves skin tone, stimulates hair growth, relaxes and even helps to lose weight.
nice, warm bath in the article Aromatic bath: benefit or harm?
WHAT IS THERE IN SCIENCE?
“In general, water treatments are considered beneficial for the health of all body systems. As for contrast procedures, I can’t say that scientists are very interested in this issue. The insufficient number of qualitative studies does not allow us to draw clear conclusions whether a contrast shower is useful, harmful or acts as a placebo.
In a Dutch experiment in 2016, healthy people aged 18 to 65 took a warm shower and ended up dousing with cold water. The control group bathed as usual. Over the course of three months, the number of absences from work due to illness decreased by 29% among those who were hardening. The duration of the contrast procedure – 30, 60 or 90 seconds – did not affect the results of the experiment. At the same time, the number of days in which the participants felt ill did not differ significantly between the groups. The researchers concluded that pouring cold water after a warm shower can alleviate the symptoms and course of colds and flu.
In 2008, a review was made of works that evaluated the effectiveness of contrast water procedures for the recovery of athletes. Scientists more or less agreed that the cooling stage leads to vasoconstriction, which reduces the production of pro-inflammatory elements. This should help relieve swelling and inflammation. Heat, in their opinion, improves muscle elasticity, stimulates local blood flow and relieves muscle spasms
The authors of another article suggest that a gradual decrease in temperature during a shower can improve mood and relieve symptoms of depression”